Post your questions about Amterex Syrup - in the Forum
Amterex Syrup drug information describes its compostion, interactions, working methods, uses, side effects, precautions to be taken before taking..etc
Uses of Amterex Syrup
Why and for what indications and diseases Amterex Syrup drug is prescribed?
- Chest congestion
- Allergies due to food
- Anaphylactic shock
- Watery eyes caused by allergies
- Nasal decongestant
- Metabolic alkalosis
- Hypotensive conditions
- Intraocular tension
Amterex Syrup medicine Side Effects
What are the side effects (mostly) caused by Amterex Syrup drug?
- Nasal or chest congestion
- Mild gastric disturbances
- Pain in the stomach
- Loose motions
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling sick
- Fast heart rate
- Dry throat or skin
- Dry mouth
Composition Salts in Amterex Syrup
List of generics and active salts used in Amterex Syrup drug?
- Anbroxol (15 mg/5ml)
- Guaifenesin (50 mg/5ml)
- Phenylephrine (2.5 mg/5ml)
- Chlorpheniramine (2 mg/5ml)
- Ammonium chloride (100 mg/5ml)
Working methodology of Amterex Syrup
How the drug Amterex Syrup works (pharmacology) for patients?
- Showing secretomotoric actions that restore the physiological clearance mechanism of respiratory tract.
- Reducing the phlegm in the air passages.
- Constricting the blood vessels results in decreasing the flow of blood thus relieves nasal congestion.
- Blocking a natural chemical that makes during an allergic rejection.
- Bringing mucus out of the lungs thus relieving cough.
Interactions of Amterex Syrup with other medicines
What are the other drugs and chemicals interact with Amterex Syrup drug?
- High blood pressure medicines
- Tricyclic Antidepressants
- Tricyclic antidepressants
Precautions to be taken for Amterex Syrup
What are all the precautions to be taken before administering Amterex Syrup?
- Avoid smoking and use of tobacco
- Breastfeeding women
- Cautiously do exercise in case of elderly
- pylori duodenal obstruction
- angle-closure glaucoma
- renal and hepatic impairment
- Consult your doctor if suffering from coronary artery disease
- Consult your doctor immediately if you develop breathing difficulty
- swelling on your face
- neck throat or tongue
- Consult your doctor in case of bladder neck obstruction and hypertension
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery
- Do not take it for longer than 7 days in a row
- Do not take it too close to bedtime
- Do not take this medicine without consulting your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you are suffering from liver or kidney problems
- or if you are taking alcohol
- If you have asthma
- inflammation of air passages
- lung disorder in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked
- Inform your doctor while undergoing urine tests
- if have recently taken or are taking guaifenesin as it can affect some results
- Prolonged cough or asthma
- Take it with food
- Taking any other medication
- Use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle
Contra Indications of Amterex Syrup
When and on what circumstances Amterex Syrup has to be avoided?
- Allergic reactions
- Breathing difficulty
- Taking more than one cough or cold medicine
Top Questions about Amterex Syrup
- Why Amterex Syrup is prescibed (Uses)?
- What are Common side effects of Amterex Syrup?
- Which Ingredient salts are used in Amterex Syrup?
- How Amterex Syrup medicine works?
- What are the Interactions of Amterex Syrup with chemicals?
- What Precautions are be taken before using Amterex Syrup?
- What are the Contra Indications of Amterex Syrup?