Proluton Depot (250 mg) - Injection
Proluton Depot (250 mg) - Injection - contains Hydroxyprogestrone-250 mg - 1 ml - costs Rs. 81.58 - Manufactured by German Remedies (Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd.)
- Drug Name: Proluton Depot (250 mg)
- Type: Injection
- Unit (Dose): 1 ml
- Constituent/Unit: Hydroxyprogestrone-250 mg
- Package unit: 1 ml
- Price(In Rs.): 81.58
- Price/Unit (In Rs.): 81.58
- Manufacturer: German Remedies (Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd.)
- Generic Brand Name: 17 Alpha Hydroxyprogestrone
- Matched Brand: Matched Brand/Brands of , Progesterone, Micronised Natural Progesterone, Hydroxyprogestrone, Hydroxy Progesterone Hexanoate, Hydroxy Progesterone, Hydroxy Progesterone Caproate, Medroxy Progesterone Acetate, Dydrogesterone, Natural Micronised Progesterone, Hydroxy Progesterone Caproate IP, Norgestrel, Hdroxyprogesterone Hexanoate, Hydroxyprogestrone Hexanoate, 17 Alpha Hydroxyprogestrone, Hydroxyprogestrone Caproate, Natural Progesterone, Hyprogesterone
- Generic Name: Progesterone
- Caution: Diabetes. Exclude pregnancy.|Suspicion of thromboembolic disorders.
- Contra Indication: Hypersensitivity.Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding, breast cancer, pregnancy, lactation. Thromboembolic disorders. History of seizures. Markedly impaired liver functions.
- Indication: As contraceptive.|Hormone replacement therapy (HRT).|Dysfunctional uterine bleeding.|Endrometriosis.|Premenstrual syndrome/tension.|Threatened/habitual abortion.|Endometrial carcinoma.|Dysmenorrhea.|Suppression of postpartum lactation.|Hypoventilation.
- Side Effects: Breast engorgement, headache, rise in body temperature, edema, esophageal reflux, acne and mood swings may occur.|Irregular bleeding or amenorrhoea.|Long term use of progestin in HRT may increase the risk of breast cancer.|Blood sugar may rise and diabetes may be precipitated by long-term use of potent agents like levonorgestrel.|Given in early pregnancy, progestins can cause masculinization of female foetus and other congenital abnormalities.
Published in Progesterone